WONDERSLAB Secures Seed funding to Reinvent HR with AI TechReading Time: 2 minutes
The project-based Human Resources (HR) platform WONDERSLAB has successfully closed its seed funding round, with the investment amount remaining confidential.. The seed round for WONDERSLAB included participation from the accelerator Primer and the Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) impact investment firm Korea Social Investment Foundation.
WONDERSLAB positions itself as a comprehensive HR platform that facilitates custom talent development through re-education, hands-on project experience, and offers services that include recruitment recommendations as well as job adaptation programs. Founded in 2021, WONDERSLAB initially operated a self-improvement platform and a project team sharing service before integrating these services this year to launch a holistic platform that aims to address talent mismatches and lead the transformation of the HR landscape.
In response to the swift changes in job dynamics in the AI era, WONDERSLAB is on a mission to dismantle outdated notions of talent acquisition and provide flexible, new solutions for talent utilization. In pursuit of this mission, WONDERSLAB offers a trio of services: the ‘w-ON’ program, which provides re-education aligned with current career trends; ‘w-Project’, which gives program graduates practical project involvement experience; and ‘w-Onboarding’, a service supporting companies to find the right talent and helping new hires to quickly adapt and perform effectively.
Since its inception in January 2023, WONDERSLAB has managed approximately 30 projects in partnership with over 20 companies. Demand for project collaboration is on the rise among startups grappling with talent recruitment, digital marketing and advertising firms, non-profit organizations, public institutions, and conventional businesses. The project participants include a diverse group ranging from seasoned freelancers and those re-entering the workforce to job seekers and retired professionals seeking to leverage their expertise.
Lee Soon-Yeol, head of the Korea Social Investment Foundation, commented, “WONDERSLAB is a startup that is carving out a competitive niche in the mainstream market with a distinctive system that leverages IT and AI, focusing on significant impact areas like ‘re-education’ and ‘career gap bridging.’ Their approach is in line with our investment philosophy, which prompted our participation in their seed round.”
WONDERSLAB CEO Han Ui-Sun noted, “With Korea facing the dual challenges of an aging population and the rapid transformation of jobs and job functions due to AI, there’s an increasing focus on re-education and the flexible use of the workforce. WONDERSLAB is dedicated to becoming the leading HR solution provider, resolving the talent crunch faced by expanding companies with a pool of talent that is enhanced by re-education and our proprietary AI work tools.”
- INTIN Secures $1 Million Contract for Supplying Female Ovulation Analyzers in Partnership with Diagnio
- Utopia Games Raises KRW 12 Billion for Global Launch of Blockchain Social Casino
- Rentre Raises KRW 2.6B Pre-Series A to Accelerate Growth in Rental Market
- Nano Camp Secures KRW 25.9 Billion funding for Advanced Solid-State Battery Technology
- Olive International Secures KRW 10 Billion in Series B Funding for Cluster Commerce Growth
- Ministry of SMEs and Startups Reports Recovery in Korean Venture Capital Investment
- Sirius Investment Supports Andrew Ng’s Landing AI in Manufacturing AI Solutions
- Habit Factory Secures KRW 20.6B in Series C Funding, Achieves Breakthrough Growth
- Zeroxflow’s ‘1Hour’ AI Courseware Secures KRW 3.5 Billion in Series A Funding
- Korean AI Startup DeepAuto Secures Naver D2SF Funding for AutoMLOps Advancements